February is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month
Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month is held each year in Australia to raise awareness of the signs and symptoms of ovarian cancer, to share the stories of real women affected by the disease, to highlight the risk factors for ovarian cancer and educate Australians on ovarian cancer diagnosis and treatment.
2021 is the year we celebrate 20 years of improving support and awareness for ovarian cancer and making incremental progress in care and treatment.
Researchers are confident we have never been closer to a breakthrough. If we can maintain this momentum, it won’t be long before more women survive ovarian cancer beyond 5 years than not.
OCAM in the media:
And many more publications around Australia.
Here’s how you can help:
- Increase awareness of the signs and symptoms of ovarian cancer. Download the infographic for more information. Increase awareness of the risk factors of ovarian cancer. Download the infographic.
- Participate in the Butterfly Challenge to help create much needed awareness of ovarian cancer. For five minutes per day, we’re encouraging people to do the butterfly pose throughout February, to represent that less than half of women diagnosed survive five years. Don't forget to tag us on social media @ovariancanceroz
- Tune into the virtual Parliamentary Breakfast event on February 16th to help us mark OCAM 2021 and show your support for the 1,500 Australian women diagnosed with ovarian cancer each year. Watch the replay below.
- Donate this Teal Ribbon Giving Day (TRGD) on February 24th Donations made on TRGD will be tripled and used to increase support and care for women living with ovarian cancer and their families - giving all Australians impacted by ovarian cancer access to specialist ovarian cancer nurses and ensuring no woman with ovarian cancer walks alone. If you missed out on the livestream, watch the video below.
- Add some teal to your day by heading into TerryWhite Chemmart in February to purchase Ovarian Cancer Australia merchandise including ribbons, pens and bracelets.
- Need blinds? All throughout February, buy any Wynstan product and they’ll make a donation to Ovarian Cancer Australia.
- Head online to Black Pepper, they have designed a beautiful scarf to support Ovarian Cancer Australia. $10 from the purchase of the Teal Pleated Scarf and will be donated to OCA. You can also purchase pens and ribbons from their stores as well.
- Fernwood Fitness are continuing to show the teal this February selling merchandise across participating gyms (also your last chance to purchase a Workout For Women gift bags or super handy fold-in-one shopping bag…stock limited).
- Head online and bid on some great prizes in the Brisbane Heat Online Auction. All proceeds will be donation to Ovarian Cancer Australia.
- Spoil yourself or a loved one with one of the beautiful flower arrangements from the Interflora ovarian cancer collection. 5% of all sales will go to Ovarian Cancer Australia.
- Remember to visit the Teal Tea page to see how our partners are supporting us this February through events and product sales (including Tea Tonics very special “Blue Magic” Tea and Gold-Sparkle sugar which you can purchase via the OCA website (coming soon!)