From a morning tea with colleagues, to a Sunday picnic with friends, you can bring people together to raise vital funds to support those affected by Australia's deadliest female cancer.
How to host your Teal Tea – it’s easy!
- Register your Teal Tea event
- Choose a time and place to host your Teal Tea - if holding it during Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month doesn't work for you, you're welcome to hold it at another time throughout the year.
- Invite everyone you know – make sure it’s Covid safe!
- Raise money by selling treats, holding a raffle, or auctioning off an item, privilege or experience. See our Teal Tea Host Fundraising Guide for more ideas!
Celebrate a loved one
Bec wanted to honour the memory of her best friend Angela, who died from ovarian cancer at 37 - leaving behind a beautiful young family and friends that miss her dearly. Bec signed up to host a Teal Tea at the local Singleton pub and held a ticketed event that raised more than $15,000 to support people affected by ovarian cancer.
"There was champagne on arrival, canapes throughout the night, raffles and a live auction. It was amazing to see the local community come together and support this cause. I know Ang would be looking down on us with a huge smile, knowing she will never be forgotten."
You can bring your community together for a special day and a good cause too. Sign up to hold a Teal Tea and start planning your event today.
Ideas for your Teal Tea event
There are so many unique ways you can bring people together to make a difference when hosting a Teal Tea. Here are a few ideas:
- Resources are available to help host your Teal Tea
Where the money goes
All the funds you raise through hosting a Teal Tea will help to:
- Provide newly diagnosed women with important resources like the Resilience Kit, a support guide for living with ovarian cancer.
- Deliver direct support to those affected by ovarian cancer and from a dedicated team of specialists.
- Connect women via support groups and our online forum where they can learn, connect and share.
- Advocate for ovarian cancer research funding to find better treatments and earlier detection
- Increase awareness of ovarian cancer so that health professionals and the general public can better identify the signs and symptoms.